Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It has been a while...

Like the title says, it has been a while since i have posted anything or written anything on my blog. I feel like it would now be a great time to start again!

Some updates for you all, I am graduated from Bethel University with my BA in Biblical and Theological Studies and I am now officially a youth pastor of the High School ministries at Woodcrest Church, along with my partner Becki Smith, we share the duties of this job! It has been the best thing that has ever happened to me! I could not of asked for anything more! I LOVE MY JOB!

Now on to the blogging! I honestly forgot how much fun this can be:)!

Okay here we go for real...So i have been learning so many different things from God over the last 6 months in my life! It has been so awesome just to have that experience in my life of how God is moving and how I can clearly see it! I think the most important thing that I have learned since graduating from college is that no matter what is going on in life and no matter what I want to do with my life it will not matter unless God is in it! God will do whatever He has to in my life to make me understand that He is who He says He is and that i need to be faithful to Him. He is taking things away that have been so important to me over the last few years and is adding things that are now becoming more important! As a youth pastor God has shown me so many different things, especially the way He can move in kids lives by just showing up on a Wednesday and playing a game of dodgeball (dodge, duck, dip, dive, and...dodge). Learning to trust God in everything is so difficult and can result in some painful times but when you get on the other side of just saying, "you know what, I have nowhere else to go but to God", He will pour out more blessings on your life than you could of ever imagined!

Some really important themes that God has brought up in my life have been fear and freedom! Granted these are two of the topics that we have spoken on in youth group but it is funny how God can use a topic that we are teaching about in youth group and put it into my life! Fearing God is so stinkin hard to understand and fully grasp but I would stand by the word and say that we need to fear Him to truly know Him! TO fear Him is to really Love him! In my study of this over the past month or so, there has been revelations abound on how God really wants us to view Him. The most important thing that I have learned from God throughout this study is the whole idea that once we come to actually fear God then we really have nothing to fear at all! Once we are truly on the side of God coming to him humbled and in fear we will fully understand that we have nothing else to fear because we have the most powerful AWESOME creator God behind us saying that we are His children whom He loves! If we look back on the Biblical times and what the Word has to say about this it is clear that God wants us to fear Him. Many times did God show Himself and guys like Moses, Abraham, Jacob, John, etc.. were actually afraid and like John talks about in Revelation 1 He collapsed at the feet of Jesus as though dead and Jesus had to reassure him not to be afraid! And a good question by Francis Chan is, "Why would we have a different response than what they did?" And he goes on to say that if we could only see God for like 5 seconds we would understand! But again I want to reiterate that once we get to this point of fearing God we will then be able to be know that there is nothing to fear because God is on our side and if God is for us, who can ever be against us? That is a great promise from our God!


To move on to some freedom talk! It is very interesting to me that freedom being such a big topic is relatively hard to break down without saying the same thing over and over! We are truly free in Christ but there has to be more right? RIGHT! There is so much more that we need to understand about the freedom that we actually have in Christ! We are not to hide behind this freedom and go on with our sinful lives and argue that we are free so it is okay. No we are to live as free people and Jesus said it best when He said that just as we freely received we are to freely give (Matt. 10:8). We are to share this awesome freedom that Christ has given us from sin and spread around to everyone in love! Man i cannot wait to keep learning about this! So interesting what God can show you in just a manner of an hour of being in his presence and reading His word!

So i leave you with this....
"If God is for us, who can stand against us?" Is that not the best thing to hear? God is on your side through everything and whenever the enemy tries to stand up against you just know that God standing next to you saying alright Koby we got this!

God bless and it was so much fun just being able to just get all of this down on something kuz my mind has been going crazy for so long that i finally just needed to share this with ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog Koby!! I have a blog too. :) You should check it outtt.

    www.clickandcapturephoto.blogspot.com

    Love having you as my new youth pastor!

    ~Kiley

    ReplyDelete